高级口译教程经典背诵版之参观旅游由刀豆文库小编整理,希望给你工作、学习、生活带来方便,猜你可能喜欢“高级口译教程第三版”。
高级口译教程经典背诵版之参观旅游
TEXT PASSAGE ONE 英译汉:
1.Welcome to Vancouver.欢迎光临温哥华。
2.As Canada’s third-largest metropolitan city after Toronto and Montreal, Vancouver is an important industrial, financial and busine center.温哥华是仅次于多伦多和蒙特利尔的加拿大的第三大城市,是一个重要的工 业、金融和商业中心。
3.Sometimes called Canada’s gateway to the Pacific, Vancouver is linked by shipping services with Pacific ports of the United States, China, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.温哥华被称作加拿大通向太平洋的门户,它与美国、中国、日本、澳大利亚 和新西兰的太平洋港口有船运服务往来。
4.Through the Panama Canal it is linked with Atlantic ports of Americas and Europe.通过巴拿马运河,它与美国和欧洲的大西洋港口相连。5.Products of Western Canada’s farms, ranches, forests, coal mines, and industries are sent by rail to Vancouver and then by water to the ports of the world.加拿大西部的农场、牧场、森林、煤矿和其他工业的产品都由铁路送往温哥 华然后经水路送往世界各地的港口。
6.One of the world’s largest natural, ice-free harbors, it is where the manufactured goods from Asia arrive throughout the year.作为世界上最大的天然不冻港之一,温哥华全年拥有从亚洲来的制成品。
7.The majority of Vancouver’s historic buildings are in the Gastown and Chinatown areas.温哥华主要的历史建筑都在 Gastown 和 Chinatown 地区。
8.Older sections of the city have undergone considerable change since 1960, when downtown high-rise office buildings and hotels were built.自从 1960 年,那时城市的摩天大楼和酒店建造起来,以后城市的旧城区经 受了彻底的改变。
9.False Creek-a decaying industrial area with sawmills, rail yards, and small shops-was transformed into a residential development project.False Creek,拥有锯木厂、铁路和小型商店的废工业区,转入了住宅发展项目。10.Gastown, the original heart of the city, was restored in the 1880’s style with antique stores and boutiques.Gastown,这个原本是城市心脏的地方被重新修建成为拥有 19 世纪 80 年代 古董店和商品店的风格。
11.Vancouver is largely British in character with some Chinese influence.温哥华以英国文化传统为主要特征,同时也受到中国文化的影响。12.Almost three fourths of the population are of British ancestry.几乎 3/4 的人口是英国的后裔。
13.The Chinese, French, Japanese, and East Indians are the largest among other ethnic groups.中国、法国、日本和东印度在其他少数民族中占多数。14.Its Chinatown is the second largest Chinese Community in North America, second only to San Francisco of the Unite States.它的唐人街是北美第二大的华人区,仅次于美国的旧金山。15.The city has long been noted for its cultural activities.城市一向以它的文化活动著名。
16.Major institutions are the Macmillan Planetarium, Centennial and Maritime museums, Opera House, Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Vancouver Art Gallery, and Vancouver Aquarium.主要的文化场所有麦克米伦天文馆、世界海洋博物馆、歌剧院、伊丽莎白女 皇剧院、温哥华美术馆和温哥华水族馆。
17.Robson Square has provincial government offices, a skating rink, multilevel shopping and food facilities, and a sports stadium with a seating capacity of 60,000.罗宾逊广场是地方政府办事机构所在地、广场内有溜冰场、多层次购物和餐 饮设施和拥有 6 万人体育馆。
18.The Robson Square Conference Center and the Provincial Court House building are noted for their modern architectural style.罗宾逊广场会议中心和地方法院的现代化建筑风格,亦为世人瞩目。
19.At this time of the autumn season, Vancouver, like many other places of Canada, is extremely beautiful.时下正值金秋季节,温哥华和其他加拿大城市一样非常美丽。20.Backgrounded by the bright blue sky, the leaves on maple trees, with brilliant hues of red, give a flaming tribute to the city.红光溢彩的枫树叶在蔚蓝色晴空的衬托下,给这座城市披上了火红的盛装。
21.Maple tree produce a peculiar sap each spring, which in turn produces a sweet and delicious syrup.每年春天,枫树会产生一种独特的叶汁,可以用来制作甘甜可口的糖浆。
22.We Canadians are very grateful to these magic trees, because they color the Canadian landscape in the autumn and sweeten the Canadian palate in the spring.我们加拿大人非常感激这些具有魔力的树,因为它们给秋天的加拿大带来了 美景,给春天的加拿大带来口福。
23.In particular, the maple tree leaf is Canada’s national symbol, and our national flag flies with it.更有特别意义的是,枫叶是加拿大的象征,高高飘扬的国旗上也有一片枫叶。
24.Wherever we go, the maple tree leaf reminds us of our great country and of our beautiful hometown Vancouver.无论我们走到哪里,枫叶是我们想起我们伟大的祖国和我们美丽的故乡温哥华。PASSAGE TWO 汉译英:
1.各位来宾:
Distinguished guests: 2.欢迎各位参观上海外国语学校。
Welcome to Shanghai Foreign Language School.3.在来宾们参观我校之前,请允许我简要地介绍一下我校的概况。
Before you start to look around, I would like to give you a brief account of our school.4.我校创办于 1963 年,隶属上海外国语大学,是全国最早创建的几所外国 语学校之一。Founded in 1963 as one of China’s earliest foreign language schools of its kind, the Shanghai Foreign Langrage School is a full-time boarding school affiliated to Shanghai International Studies University.5.这所具有外语专业性教育的全日制寄宿学校,是由国家教委和上海市教 委双重领导的一所全科类重点中学。
As a key middle school supervised jointly by administrations of the State Education Commiion and Shanghai Municipal Education Commiion, our school features strong foreign language programs, in addition to a complete syllabus with normal academic subjects which are required of all regular middle schools.6.学校有一支优秀的教师队伍,现有 35 个班级,1300 多名在校生。
Staffed with an excellent faculty, this school has a current enrollment of over 1,300 students, studying in 35 claed at different grades.7.建校以来,学校已培养外语水平较高,其他文化知识较好的毕业生为目 标,坚持“加强基础、发展智力、培养能力”的教学方针,做到“办学有特 色,教学有特点,学生有特长”,得到了国家教委和教育界的肯定,在国内 外享有较高的声誉。
Since its establishment, the school has always geared itself toward the objective of bringing up students with excellence in foreign language proficiency as well as in other academic subject.Over years, this school has persistently adhere to the school’s educational policy of “strengthening students’ academic foundation, cultivating students’ intellectual aptitude and developing students’ potential talent.” Its long-established practice of “ensuring special accomplishments in school administration, teaching methodology and student learning” is favorably recognized by the State Education Commiion and education specialists.And consequently, our school enjoys a good reputation both at home and abroad.8.学校开设英、德、法、日、俄等 5 个语种,各语种都聘有外籍专家任教。
We offer five foreign language programs of English, German, French, Japanese and Ruian.The faculty of each foreign language program is joined by native speakers with teaching qualifications.9.学校多方面为学生学好外语创造良好的条件。
The school goes all out to provide its students with an environment effective for foreign language learning.10.学校还开设多种选修课、第二外语课,帮助学生扩大知识面,发展个性 特长,陶冶情操,保证学生在德、智、体、美、劳诸方面全面发展。
On top of the regular, required subjects, we also offer a number of elective courses.In addition, students may, as they wish, choose to learn a second foreign language.These syllabi help to extend student’s scope of knowledge of the world, develop their personality and special skills and talents, and foster their healthy values, so as to ensure that our students graduate with an overall development in their moral integrity, intelligence and academic excellence, physical fitne, aesthetic values and fitne in physical labor.11.学校十分重视国际友好交往,与德、美、法、日、韩等国家的一些学校 建立了校际交流关系,每年进行互访。
We greatly value our exchange relations with overseas institutions.Our exchange programs involve institutions in Germany, the United States, France, Japan and South Korea.12.学校已先后派出数十名师生出国学习、进修和讲学。
These annual exchanges of visits have provided several dozens of our faculty members and students with opportunities to study or give lectures in these countries.13.30 多年来,我校为国家培养了近 4,000 名毕业生。
For over thirty years since its establishment, this school has graduated close to 4,000 students for the country.14.他们活跃在各行各业,为社会主义现代化建设事业贡献力量。
Active in profeions of all walks of life, SFLS graduates are contributing their expertise to China’s national drive of socialist modernization.15.现在,全校师生同心协力,为把学校办成一所外向型、多模式、高质量的国内外名牌外国语学校而努力奋斗!
Currently, our faculty and students are working hard in full cooperation to upgrade this school in the direction of a first-rate foreign language institution with established fame both at home and abroad, a world-oriented institution with multiple programs and prevailing academic excellence.高级口译教程经典背诵版之招待会 PASSAGE ONE
汉译英:
1.欢迎希尔博士和夫人来访上海。
Welcome to Shanghai, Dr.and Mrs.Hill.2.请允许我做自我介绍。
Please allow me to introduce myself.3.我叫洪建信,是中美医药公司的副总经理。
My name is Jianxin Hong, I am deputy managing director of the Sino-American
Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd.4.久闻先生大名。
I have long heard about you.5.事实上,我在研究生学习时期所写的两篇论文曾参考了您的研究成果。
As a matter of fact, I referred to your research findings in my couple of papers
during my graduate studies.6.我为能在上海接待您和您的家人身感愉快,我很高兴我们能在今后的半
年里合作共事。
It gives me such a great pleasure to meet you and your family here in Shanghai
and I am very glad that you will be working with us for the next six months.7.我们将给您配备两名实验助手。
We will provide you with two lab aistants.8.必要时,我们还想邀请您的一名同事一起参加我们的一项研究工作。
If neceary, we would like to invite one of your aociates to join us.9.您要是愿意的话,我们想把你们先安排在地处市中心的假日酒店下榻,从假日酒店开车三十分钟可到我们的实验室。
If you don’t mind, we would like to accommodate you in Holiday Inn, which is
located in the downtown area, a thirty-minutes drive from our lab.10.旅馆住宿费由公司承担。
The company will pay for the hotel rooms.11.如果你们不喜欢假日酒店,你们也可以搬到公司的招待所去住,我们的招待所是一幢家庭式的公寓小楼。
Our guest house, a small family-style apartment building is also available to you if
you decide to move out of the hotel.12.不论您如何选择,我相信您和您的家人都会喜欢这里的生活。
In any case, I am sure you and your family will enjoy your stay in this city.13.我们会尽力为您服务,使您和您的家人有一种舒适如归的感觉。
We will do everything we can do to accommodate you and make you feel at home.14.您在生活或工作中若有不尽如人意之处,请立即和我联系,我很乐意为
您排忧解难。
If you should encounter any inconveniences in your life and work, don’t hesitate
to let me know and I will be very glad to help you out.15.今晚公司总经理将设宴为您洗尘,请您携家人一起光临。
Our managing director will host a reception banquet in your honor tonight, and we
would like you and your family come to the dinner.16.我们晚上再见。
I will see you again then.PASSAGE TWO
英译汉:
1.Hello, I am Robert Brown from Stanford University.您好!我是从斯坦福大学来的罗博特.布朗。
2.I am very happy to meet you here in this land of wonder.我很高兴能在这充满奇观的国家与您见面。
3.I have been looking forward to visiting your great country, and I feel honored
and pleased that I will be working with my Chinese colleagues in head office of
your automobile group.我一直期待着能访问这个美丽的国家,同时我为自己能够在贵汽车集团总部
所在地和中国的同事一起工作而感到荣幸和愉快。
4.As you know, this is my very first visit to China, and I am here to witne with
my own eyes the magical power of the once very remote “Oriental Dragon”.您知道,这是我对中国的一次初访,我在这亲眼目睹了曾经对我多么遥远的“东方巨龙”的魔力。
5.You can imagine how exited I was when I received your invitation to join you
in your project.您可以想象当我收到您们请求我加入您们项目的邀请我有多么激动。
6.Back in my college days, a profeor of Oriental Civilization introduced me to
the wealth of the Confucianism and Taoism, and by doing that he planted in the
depths of my mind the inexplicable “China dream”.我读大学时一位教东方文明史的教授,他使我对儒家思想和道家学说有所了
解,同时也使我萌生了一个不可名状的“中国梦”。
7.And I am even more exited now that I have set foot on the beautiful land of
China.自踏上这片美丽的国土之后我的心情更加激动。
8.I have had my “China dream” for years, now I am here to realize this dream.我多年梦寐以求的中国梦,竟然可以在此得以实现。
9.Just think this charming cosmopolitan city is going to be my home for the
remaining days of the year.我年内将一直可以以这个大都市为家真是妙不可言。
10.There is so much to learn about the mysterious country, from the ancient
civilization to the current reform.想了解这个神秘的国家的东西真是太多了,从古老的文明到当代的改革。
11.I am looking forward to my Chinese life.我盼望自己尽快开始我的中国生活。
12.I will work closely with my Chinese colleagues on my projects, through
which I believe I will realize my “China dream” in the most rewarding direction.我会和我的同事密切合作,尽力搞好我的项目,只有这样做才能最有成效的实现我的中国梦。TEXT FOR PRACTICE
PASSAGE ONE
汉译英:
1.您好!您一定是来自联盟传播服务局的大卫。理查德先生吧。
Hello, you must be Mr.David Richard from the Alliance Communications Service.2.我叫魏琴。
My name is Wei Qin.3.是上海国际文化交流中心的代理主任。
I’m acting director of the Shanghai International Center for Cultural Exchanges.3.这是我的名片。
Here’s my card.4.自从您把来访日期传真给我们以后,我们一直期待着您的到来。
We have been expecting your visit even since you sent us fax informing us your
date of arrival.5.根据您的要求,我们为您预订了我中心东楼的“明寓”客房。
Upon your request, we have reserved for you our Ming House suite, which is
located in the East Tower of the Center.6.“明寓”从设计到装潢都体现了中国明朝时期的建筑风格。This is a
claic Chinese residence designed and decorated in the architectural of China’s
Ming dynasty.7.我相信您一定会喜欢这套古典式寓所。
I am sure you will like our house.8.理查德先生,我们的“信息高速公路与传播服务学研讨会”将如期在我中心举行。
Mr.Richard, the Symposium on Information Superhighway and Communication
Service will take place at out center as scheduled.9.我很高兴地告诉您,先生已被筹委会选为第一轮报告会的主要发言人。
I am pleased to tell you that you have been chosen by the Organizing Committee
as keynote speaker for the first seion of the workshop.10.如果您要复印一些发给与会报告者的材料,或者打算使用投影机,请与
我中心的设备服务部门联系。
If you would like to use a photocopier for your handouts, or an overhead projector
for your presentation, please do not hesitate to contact our Equipment Service.11.长途旅行之后您应该好好休息一下。
Of course, you need a good rest after such a long flight.12.我告辞了。
May I leave you alone?
13.我们在今晚的招待会上见。
See you again at the reception banquet tonight.PASSAGE TWO
英译汉:
1.Welcome to Edinburgh, the Chinese provincial tourist service delegation.欢迎中国地方旅行服务代表团光临爱丁堡。
2.My name is Jane Anderson.我叫简.安德森。
3.I am from the Edinburgh Tourist Center.我在爱丁堡旅游中心工作。
4.I will be working as your guide throughout your six-day visit.我将担任你们六天旅行的导游工作。
5.You will be staying in the Hilton Hotel.你们将在希尔顿大酒店下榻。
6.The hotel is located in the downtown area, a few minutes’ walk from the office
of the Edinburgh Tourist Center.酒店位于市中心,从爱丁堡旅游服务中心的办公楼仅几步之遥。
7.Mrs.Nancy Turner, director of Edinburgh Tourist Administration will hold a
reception buffet tomorrow.明天爱丁堡市旅游管理局局长南希.特纳女士将为中国地方旅游服务代表团的来访举行冷餐招待会。
8.After reception dinner, you will watch a video entitled “Touring Around
Edinburgh”, which I believe will give you a bird’s eye view of the tourist
attractions and the services provided in Edinburgh and its surrounding areas.餐后,我们将为各位播放题为“爱丁堡之旅”的录像片,让各位对爱丁堡以
及附近一带的旅游胜地及其旅游服务设施有一个总观性的了解。
9.Mr.George Palmer, the director of Edinburgh Tourist Center will answer your
questions following the video show.录像播完后,爱丁堡旅游服务中心主任乔治.帕尔默先生将回答各位的提
问。
10.He will also be giving you a detailed account of your visiting schedule.并向各位详细介绍对你们来访所作的日程安排。
高级口译教程经典背诵版之旅游英译汉:1.Australia warmly welcomes visitors from all over the world.澳大利亚热烈欢迎来自世界各地的游客。 2.Australia is a land of excep......
高级口译教程经典背诵版之礼仪演讲UNIT TWO A CEREMONIAL SPEECH TEXT PASSAGE ONE 汉译英:1.副总统阁下,威廉斯夫人:贵宾们:女士们,先生们:Your Excellency Vice President and......
新东方口译:http://edu.21cn.com/kcnet440/第一单元 外事接待 第一篇制药有限公司 pharmaceutical Co.Ltd 副总经理 deputy managing director 研究生 graduate student 论文......
《高级口译教程》(第四版)核心词汇(饮食文化)食谱 recipe 餐前开胃点心 appetizer正/主菜 entrée; main course 附菜 side dish 餐后甜食 deert小吃 snack; refreshments山珍海......
外事接待第一篇制药有限公司 pharmaceutical Co.Ltd 副总经理 deputy managing director 研究生 graduate student 论文 paper 研究成果 research findings 实验助手 lab ai......